What If...Everything you have been told about mental illness is not based on scientific evidence but on the opinions, personal dislikes and misguided beliefs of a small number of unelected but extremely influential people.
Would knowing that change your view of The Mental Health Industry?
Now I understand that in disbelief such a travesty can be sustained in this way; you may be asking yourself "Who is this idiot and why is he saying this? After all, everyone knows that "Mental Illness" is a proven medical fact."
These are fair questions and therefore before I move to answer the second question, I will answer the first.
Several years ago, in my journey to acquiring formal training and qualifications in Teaching, Training, Personal Development and Mental Health Therapies in order to be more effective in helping my clients deal with the difficulties and challenges in their lives: I invested £2700 of my savings into an accerdited 1 year Diploma Course in Psychotheraputic Counselling.
The course is run by a well known and respected UK company in conjunction with the Psychology department of a local university.
The content of the course includes the identification [diagnosis] of the hundreds of Mental Illnesses, Phobias and Manias that appear in the official register of the Mental Health Industry; by way of the cluster of "symptoms" which each of them displays.
The particular course I chose to follow is designed to be a "Drug Free" method of "treating" patients "diagnosed" as having a "mental illness" using Hypnotherapy in conjunction with personal counselling.
So, while I do not suggest that I am an "expert" I do however have an understanding of how the Mental Health system operates and the scientific basis of it's proposal that mental "illness" is real.
But It Is Based On Sound Scientific Evidence, Isn't It?
Sadly no. In my book The Re-Invention of Witchcraft I go into more detail but the description on my website says this ...
During my research in writing this book, I purchased and read a book by a well known american psychiatrist who specialises in relationship "therapy" for couples who are having problems.
The first 5 words she utters are... "Anxiety is a mental illness"
A bold statement which, throughout the following 93 pages of her book, not a single shred of scientific evidence is presented to support it.
Why? Because as a High Priestess, speaking from the pulpit of The Holy Church of Mental Illness she is delivering a sermon directly from the Bible of Evil Demons Which Possess Human Beings that can only be exorcised by the magic pills, potions and rituals of the same High Priestess who wrote the book!
The book cover also states one of it's goals as ...
"Reasons to seek therapy or relationship counselling right now"
In other words: The entire book is an exercise in fearmongering specifically designed to drive the reader to seek immediate "help" from the author in the form of a paid "therapy session".
I looked on the author's website and although no fee schedule is published; she is quick to affirm that...
"I give no refunds" which tells me everything I need to know about the true purpose of her book.
What If...Everything you have been told about mental illness is not based on scientific evidence but on the opinions, personal dislikes and misguided beliefs of a small number of unelected, influential people? How might that change your own views about the subject?
The Re-Invention of Witchcraft presents evidence which suggests The Mental Health Industry uses mental 'Illness' as a tool for social control and to manufacture consent and compliance from a population.
70 years ago Dr Thomas Szasz published a book entitled..'The Myth of Mental Illness' in which he accused the Mental Health Industry of; among other things; banning unwanted behaviour in people by inventing mental 'illness' and using this stigma as punishment for behaviours, attitudes, opinions and actions it and others disliked or simply disapproved of. The 'mental illness' label allows them to then proscribe unwanted, unneccessary and harmful 'treatments' as a form of punishment for the 'crime' of being 'different'.
The Re-Invention of Witchcraft book sets out to demonstrate that; not only has nothing changed since then but, on the contrary, the same Mental Health Industry today has enormous wealth, power and political influence of Global proportions.
The first 5 words she utters are... "Anxiety is a mental illness"
A bold statement which, throughout the following 93 pages of her book, not a single shred of scientific evidence is presented to support it.
Why? Because as a High Priestess, speaking from the pulpit of The Holy Church of Mental Illness she is delivering a sermon directly from the Bible of Evil Demons Which Possess Human Beings that can only be exorcised by the magic pills, potions and rituals of the same High Priestess who wrote the book!
The book cover also states one of it's goals as ...
"Reasons to seek therapy or relationship counselling right now"
In other words: The entire book is an exercise in fearmongering specifically designed to drive the reader to seek immediate "help" from the author in the form of a paid "therapy session".
I looked on the author's website and although no fee schedule is published; she is quick to affirm that...
"I give no refunds" which tells me everything I need to know about the true purpose of her book.
What If...Everything you have been told about mental illness is not based on scientific evidence but on the opinions, personal dislikes and misguided beliefs of a small number of unelected, influential people? How might that change your own views about the subject?
The Re-Invention of Witchcraft presents evidence which suggests The Mental Health Industry uses mental 'Illness' as a tool for social control and to manufacture consent and compliance from a population.
70 years ago Dr Thomas Szasz published a book entitled..'The Myth of Mental Illness' in which he accused the Mental Health Industry of; among other things; banning unwanted behaviour in people by inventing mental 'illness' and using this stigma as punishment for behaviours, attitudes, opinions and actions it and others disliked or simply disapproved of. The 'mental illness' label allows them to then proscribe unwanted, unneccessary and harmful 'treatments' as a form of punishment for the 'crime' of being 'different'.
The Re-Invention of Witchcraft book sets out to demonstrate that; not only has nothing changed since then but, on the contrary, the same Mental Health Industry today has enormous wealth, power and political influence of Global proportions.
In my dissertation on the subject of mental "illness", I include a long list of books written by well qualified medical and scientific professionals who also are extremely critical of this industry accusing it of doing more harm than good; an accusation I fully agree with.
This additional evidence I present to the reader in order to help them; after making a thorough examination of the evidence; make their own judgement and decide for themselves which side of the fence is more comfortable for them.
Just For The Record.
I am not suggesting that human beings who are struggling to deal with the difficulties and challenges they are faced with should not be helped. On the contrary. I have spent 20 years doing exactly that. What I am saying is...Hanging a label around that person's neck which proclaims that person is "Not Normal" is not only unhelpful but is immoral and unethical.
And exactly who decides who is or is not "Normal"
It's certainly not the "patient".
And if we are prepared to accept the notion that every human being is completely unique then the concept "Normal" is absolutely absurd!
For me, the whole argument hinges on this.
A number of years ago, small group of people [nameless for now] saw an opportunity to capitalise on the fact that due to their inherent uniqueness human beings respond to thngs, including medical treatments in unpredictable and sometimes strange ways.
If this weirdness were to be identified as a form of sickness and the individual convinced they are indeed sick but not to worry because a cure can be had... for a Fee ... You can guess the rest.
Americans are wonderful 'word spinners' and their inventive use of the English language has given us some wonderful aphorisms and this one is entirely appropriate.
"If you want to know if something dishonest is happening...then follow the money"
Cui Bono...Who benefits the most from the activity of The Mental Health Industry?
Answers on a postcard please
Thank you for reading this.
Kindest regards,
Frankie Mallon

No comments:
Post a Comment