I recall the first time I went to Speakers Corner in Hyde Park in London.
The sight of those brave souls, perched atop their D.I.Y. platforms cum step ladder, delivering to bemused onlookers and virulent hecklers alike, their very own view of the world, was quintessential Englishness.
Here it was not only 'OK' to be considered an eccentric but in itself is an absolute requirement!
Then, along came the internet and suddenly everyone has a posh magazine in the form of a Blog instead of a rickety old ladder...but the vision remains the same...Everyone should have the right to speak their minds without let or hinderence...In the words of the great George Orwell..
I May Find The Words You Speak Despicable But I Will Defend To Death Your Right To Say Them.
George, I believe, would be proud of this Brave New World where we all have our voice and he would have been particularly pleased that Governments and the various Power Players who like to believe they have a place to hide...find the freedom of the Internet... infuriatingly uncontrollable!
The good news, as far as you are concerned is, I'm not trying to destabalise political regimes or bring the New World Order to book...there are too many better qualified than me doing that already.
No...this blog is about how we human beings can get a grip, an understanding of the most powerful Laws and Principles which govern the Universe and...by definition...who we are...and how we live...
So that understanding may give us the power to really choose the kind of life we want and finally be free do discover the meaning and purpose to our lives on this planet.
Is it Religious?...maybe, depending on what your definition of religion is.
Is it Spiritual?...see above.
It's about finding out what it really means to be a Human Being...and believe me...We are Awesome!
No comments:
Post a Comment